WARNING: This blog is ritten in Bear English, wich is phonetic. An that is mor than yu can say abowt the werd "phonetic".

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Walkin about in Harrogate

Yesterday's scores:
  • Gills: no
  • Simpsons: yes
  • Tesco: no
  • Nose Hugs Surprizisity Score: 9.5/10
  • Day Score: 7/10
HULLO NOT-A-BEARS!

OK. Time to tell yu a bit abowt where we all stayd.

It waz in a town calld Harrogate. Wiv apologies to non-UK peeps hoo mite not get wat I meen, if Harrogate wer a person, it wud be Nicholas Parsons. Cleen, cheery, well-kept, old, tasteful, an not very cool, but NIce, wiv a capitol NI. Oh, an lots ov trees. Not that he haz eny trees growin on 'im. Tho he may well be bein preservd wiv a bit ov lime, he's that old.
photo: Nicholas Parsons. And this is wen he HAD hair.


Larst Tewsday I went off to explor the town that wud be my home* fer the nex few days.

It all lookt fairly harmless, if a bit flowery, but then I fownd THIS playse:
There waz NO WAY I waz goin in there!

They hav lots ov green bits wiv flowers an on wun green bit I spottid this statew, sadly disappoyntin in its pantlessness (aha! Pantlessness...Nicholas.... pantlessness...knickerless.... the similarity deepens...):

"Look, Ma, no pants!"

They had buslin streets:

an the local Bears obviussly wernt doin their bit, not on the marrygolds, enyway. Look how tiny they ar! I tryd to comfert this wun an squoze wun out to help it along:

This cafe an tea room on the corner is calld "Bettys" an annoyd Daddy cos it dident hav an apostrophy (teachers on holiday- pah!). But we still cayme bak to it dinner layter. It waz yum. An they did hewge caykes, too, an even had speshol choklits fer Bears!:

Hey, wat happend to this? I dident eet it! I bet Mummy's got it sumware an is hopin I've fergotten bowt it....

An I took this pic throo their windo speshly fer my frend Mousie. It is speshol bred jus fer mouse-types. If yu look closely yu'll see a littol mouse shape mayde owt ov dough on the top:Finally, it had lots of WOODS! This is the start ov a path into sum woods there. Can yu can see a cheeky grey skwirrol runnin along the path? I dident kno it waz there wen I took the foto!:heer's a close up ov 'im: I layter trakt him down. He waz tryin to be camo-flarged but yu carnt out-flarge a trayned Spy:

"Wa-heyyy!"

Hope that givs yu a taster ov Harrogate. If yu want to see mor, this website duzz 3D vertual tors ov the town, so yu can clik on an hav a gud nose arownd!

Bye fer now!

*home: home is where yor pants ar, an my Emergensy Hug Pants cayme wiv me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob, I'm back from NYC and plumb tuckered out. I saw a painting of a big black bear in an art gallery.

Victorya said...

Bob, you are getting good at that there spying skills, are you training for spy school? More bears are needed, or so I hear. I can neither confirm nor deny this message which will explode shortly. . ..and yes, shorts here are like pants, only, er, shorter.

david mcmahon said...

Welcome back, BTBear,

And tell Daddy that errant apostrophes are also the bane of journalists!

Keep smiling

David

Unknown said...

Hi Bob. Are you pooing on the marigolds to make them grow big like yours?

Umm, chocolate. . .

Phy

Peaceful/Paisible said...

did you taste the bread???I am so happy to find it now, I didn't have my breakfast yet...so i cut a nice slice and found some tasty goat cheese, and another one with orange jam, with a huge pot of chinese tea, it will be gorgeous!!!forget the apricots and orange juice...will you all join me for breakfast ? going to be delicious!!!thank you so much sweetheart...

but but...all tese naked statues, you seemed very interested..eh eh...

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Chewy! Welkum bak! I misst yu!

WOW! A payntin ov a blak Bear! WOW! Waz it dum by a person, or a Bear? Maybe a Bear did a self-pawtrayte.

:@}

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Victorya,

I graduaytid from Spy Collidge in 2002! Clik heer fer wun ov my very erly posts, on how to kno if YOR bear is a spy!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

David,
Eevn the BBC news lets us down on that wun! Tsk! Tsk! Standerds ar droppin, yu kno!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Phyth!
YES!
HAAAAAAhahahahahahahAAAAAA!
I thort I wud do my bit to help.
So I left my bit on the soil there.

:@o

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Mousie,
Glad yu like the Mouse Bred. Alas, no, we dident get eny. Mummy carnt eet bred. It maykes her tummy too rumbbly She eets oatcaykes tho. An rye crakers. She puts hunny on them wen she thinks no one else is lookin.
:@}

Anonymous said...

LOL! Nicholas Parsons! I shall never listen to "Just A Minute" the same again.