WARNING: This blog is ritten in Bear English, wich is phonetic. An that is mor than yu can say abowt the werd "phonetic".

Monday, April 04, 2011

Mother's Day

Weekend's scores:
  • Gills: Yes, we playd Hereford (ware the boy cows come from) an got a 0-0 not-a-loos. It waz a long way to go to not eevn see a goal, but then they had sumthing abowt Gillingham on the telly, an that was good. Daddy fell asleep but I rewownd it an sor it 3 times!
  • Simpsons: No
  • Tesco: Yes, I went wiv Dilly an Mr Scooter to get Mother's Day cards an choklit on Saterday nite. It was a late vizit an the playce was full ov blokes buying cards an daffodils. Wun ov them arskt the laydy, 'Will theez be harf price if we come bak tomorro?' I thort he waz cheeky.
  • Nose Hugs Surprizisity Score: 9.5 /10
  • Overall Score: 7.89361 (preety good- lots of cayke)/10
HULLO NOT-A-BEARS!!!

Dit waz Mother's Day yestaday. I still think we Bears shud hav our own day. Or yeer! Yes! How abowt a Bear yeer! Yes! The Chineez hav yeers for all sorts ov anmols. This is the yeer ov the bunny, for zarmpol. Then hav goats, rats, monkeys, dragons... DRAGONS! HA! Yeah let's scrap the yeer of the dragon an hav a yeer of the Bear insted!

But I digress....

So it was Mother's Day yestaday. Me an Dilly brort Mummy brekfast in bed!!! As Mummy is trying to go lo-carb agen we brort her ham an cheez, an a cup ov tea.
I cut owt a smiley face in the ham, an Dilly cut a slice ov cheese into a ribbon an a heart.

Re this lo-carb thing, Mummy sez this is to get rid of muffin tops. I like muffins but I havent fownd eny rownd heer, not for a long time. If she wants to get rid ov eny I'm the Bear for the job. I don't see how eetin boring is goin to help. I dunno. Women!

Heer is the card Dilly bort Mummy.

Heer is my card. Brillyent!!!!!!!!!
On the bak it sez BOBS!!!!

Mr Scooter's card has cats on it!!

Heer he is, wiv his new toy mowsie. He got that for his berfday, wich waz on the 23rd. He waz 18, an we red that that is 88 in hewman yeers! -



Layter we shared this cayke, wich Mummy had bort for Granny. She sed in the end that it waz a speshol day so she cud mayke a speshol exsepshun an eet cayke [an biskits, an Yorkshire pudding, an froot crumble...] Dit is sponge an jam an creem inside. But the owtside is exslent too, as it has a Bear on it.
Dit waz a nice weekend!!!! How waz yors?

Bye fer now!

17 comments:

CherryPie said...

That is a cute cake :-)

Happy belated mothers day to Mummy.

I am glad you had a fun day Bob ;-)

mrsnesbitt said...

Awwwwwwwww Bob - Elsie our demonic german shepherd brought me a daffodil - in her collar - but she refused to give it to me - deciding to show her teeth and growl! Ah bless - not eh?

Di said...

Hi Bob

What a brilliant day you all had -I especially liked the smiley ham :)

Pop over to my blog - there's a surprise there.........drum roll, and the winner is Number 11, Bob T Bar(esq). Quick, go and see!! Di xxx

Jerry and Ben said...

What a great surprise for your mom! We especially liked the beary cute Bear Card!!! hehe.

Feronia said...

What a beautiful cake! And lovely cards for Mummy! And brekkie in bed - yum :) Looks like you all had a really nice Mothers Day :)

Asta said...

Bob!
You awe the most thoughtful beaw. That bweakfast you and dilly made fow youw Mummy was not only deeelicious, but so happy making and even low cawbses. I know she must have pweciated that vewy much..mommi just counts points..I don't undewstand how that's sposed to make hew slim, but these Women have mystewious ways. I thinks it's best fow us not to question it.
Sowwy you didn't see a goal at youw game, but at least it wasn't a losss.

Could you pleez give youw Mummy and youw Gwammum my special Mothew's day smoochies???
I'm glad whe made an exception and had some of that gowgeous cayke..I'm suwe that since she's been so teeibully caweful wif the cawbs, the Mothew's day tweats didn't count at all.

smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess, I think Gussie might be a spy, but he's vewy hush hush about it, so I don't want to pwy

Buttons the Bear said...

Looks like you found the perfect card.
Tell your mum Happy Mother's Day. An excellent occasion, if there ever was one, to consume a few carbs! The cake is perfect with the bear, good choice!

I have another month before Mother's Day here.

The Teddy Bear Family said...

Exceptionally beautiful gifts.

Mommy is making us write this - "The best way to stop worrying about muffin tops is to wear bigger shirts. No see = no problem"

Wominz! You're right. They think weird. We hope you ate the cake by yourself.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

What a lovely muvvers day it must have been! I'm glad mummy had some sweet treats, the diet can go hang for one day, i'm sure! :o)xx

Beanie Mouse said...

That looks like a fab cake! Andrea says she had a cat once that looked just like Mr Scooter! I think we should invent special Blog Month of the..... just for Bears. We could have blog Month of the brown bear (you) and blog month of the orange bear (Tango) and blog month of the Honorary Bear (me!) (Or Hammie) Whatcha think?

Stardust said...

I'm all in for a Bear yeer!

So happy to see yu bak agen, en deliverin de gud cheer! I've missed yu!!

Happy belated mother's day to mummy. How is that this part of the earth has it on the 2nd Sundae of May? Hmm..

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Bob,
Your the bestest. My teddies, Charlie and Taddy love your blog. They have one of their own. They would love for you to follow theirs. They are a bit bigger than you, but they love Mommy and me and Andy a whole lot.
Sally Ann

Hammie Hamster said...

I think you all had nice cards for your Mummy! We don't have mothers day yet, here it is in May.

Di said...

Hi Bob! Just to say you need to lie in wait to ambush the postman 'cos I posted a parcel yesterday 1st Class. Stooopid me, addressed it to your Mum instead of you so you need to wear your pants and leap on him from a great height, wrestle him to the ground and then surprise your Mum as planned :)) Di x

Marlowe said...

That looks like a grand day for your mom!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California.

Everyone smiles in the same language. If you don't have a smile, I'll give you one of mine :-)

I am you newest follower.
I invite you visit and follow my blog.

God Bless You :-)

diane b said...

Hiya Bob, You shor had a gud weeknd wiv your mum. You shor did find gud cards for her. Luv the brekky you gav her too. dere must be lotsa carb foods in the pantry for yoo. I am living at Ann n George's hous and I'm lonely cus dey gone on a holiday and left me here all by mysef. I wud luv sum figs n ice cream right now.
Bye now from Birfday Ber. PS I hav to shar my blogsite wiv Diane.